Handshake is an online platform, where UC Davis students and alumni can connect with employers.
Use Handshake to:
- Search and apply for jobs and internships
- Meet employers by signing up for company interviews and recruiting events
- Find a position at an upcoming Internship and Career Fair
- Engage in upcoming career and networking information sessions and workshops
- Connect with other students and learn about their experiences
- Request transcript notation for your internship
- Schedule an appointment with a career advisor at the ICC
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I update my profile?
The more details you provide about your academics and experience, the easier it is for Handshake to tailor jobs and internships for you. Employers can also contact you through Handshake, and it's a good way to highlight your accomplishments! Use our Handshake Profile Checklist to get started.
How do I get notified of opportunities I am interested in?
Go to the Jobs tab on the web version of Handshake, and use a variety of filters for your job search. You can "Save your Search" at the top. Handshake will notify you of tailored opportunities based on your searches and when you follow or favorite various employers, events, or jobs.
How do I access Handshake?
For an optimal Handshake experience, use an internet browser (Firefox and Chrome recommended) on your laptop or desktop. Native mobile apps are also available. Mobile web is not recommended.
How do I get the app?
Click on the following links:
- Apple App Store: https://icc.ucdavis.edu/handshake-iOS
- Google Play: https://icc.ucdavis.edu/handshake-Android
- Or visit your app store, search and download Handshake Jobs & Careers
Can I change my profile privacy settings?
On the top right hand corner next to your name, you can click the down arrow and go to Settings and Privacy. Choose from the three options listed:
- Community allows your profile to be viewable by employers, other students, and alumni.
- Employers makes your profile accessible to employers and students can't message you.
- Private keeps everyone, including employers, from seeing your profile.
I want to apply for a work-study job on-campus, but Handshake says I am not eligible even though I am. Can I still apply?
Work-Study is a financial aid award. To see if you have this award, review your personalized financial aid notice at MyAwards. All on campus jobs can be converted to work-study positions.
Work-study eligibility is not imported into Handshake for UC Davis students. It may appear that you do not qualify for certain on-campus student employment opportunities, but you CAN still apply for these positions. When you apply, submit your Work-Study Eligibility Certificate, along with your other application materials.
Need additional help?
- Handshake search tips
- Handshake Profile Checklist
- Handshake Help Center
- Handshake desktop vs. mobile
- Come to drop-In advising at the ICC with Handshake questions
- Do you want to post a position? You must sign in with an employer account
- Report suspected fraudulent postings to firstname.lastname@example.org