Handshake is constantly updated with new positions. If you're looking for a position and don't find one, refine or broaden your search and try again tomorrow. If you need help developing your resume, cover letter or preparing for an interview, attend a workshop or get advising.
Since over 100 diverse internship, volunteer, and career positions are posted in Handshake every day, use the filters to narrow your search. Don't miss opportunities to meet employers on campus.
Some keywords will yield better results:
- Major - Enter your major and include other information to improve your search (see information below).
- Position/job title - Enter a job title to search for relevant positions.
- Job ID - Enter the job number pertaining to the position/job title.
- Company Name - Search a company to see openings and relevant positions.
- Job type - Specify the job type and duration by differentiating between an internship, full-time, part-time, on campus, etc.
Explore different combinations of keywords in your searches.
Use synonyms or similar keywords to achieve more results. For example, a statistics major can search using the following sample keywords "data analyst, mathematics, accounting, etc." For more keywords related to your major visit What Can I do With My Major.
Updating your Profiles
It is crucial to keep your personal and academic profile up to date because the information you enter into your profile is used to determine your eligibility for on-campus interviews. In most cases, Handshake does not update these fields automatically. Go to Profile and click Edit to update your:
- Degree level
- Year in school
- Graduation date
- Email address
- Physical address
Connect with Employers on Campus
There are a variety of opportunities to meet with employers looking to fill internships and career positions. Check out the opportunities on Handshake.