OPTIONS TO GAIN CAREER EXPERIENCES
Working while in school is a great way to help keep loan debt down and to gain useful real-world work experience. Part-time jobs can be found either on or off campus.
Benefits of a Part-time Job
- Help fund your education or lifestyle.
- Develop new skills while refining others.
- Gain valuable work experience to be competitive in your career and job search.
- Meet and work with professionals.
- Experience new work environments.
Things to Consider
- On-campus or off-campus? Do you have reliable transportation to get off campus?
- A paid job can potentially serve as an internship. Schedule an appointment with an advisor to assess whether your job meets internship criteria.