Working or interning abroad gives you the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in diverse fields at locations around the globe. There are many opportunities for career development such as increasing marketability in a growing global economy, gaining real-world understanding of diversity and cultural literacy, demonstrating flexibility and initiative, improving language skills or learning a new language, and developing a global perspective to benefit a future career.
The following resources can help you take your first steps toward working or interning abroad:
- I’m interested in interning abroad, but I’m on the fence. What are some things I should know about working/interning abroad?
- I’m interested in interning abroad, but I don’t know where to start.
- I’m interested in interning/working abroad, but I’m worried about finances.
- I know where I want to work and/or what field I want to work in, but now I need help looking for opportunities.
- I have no preference for what I do or where I go, I just want to work abroad
- I’ve found an opportunity, but I need help with my application materials
- I have secured a job/internship! What should I know moving forward?
- Visa requirements: How to find out if you need one.
- How to make the most of your time abroad.
- Some things to consider when choosing where to do your internship
- Handbook for Internships Abroad