Are you ready to start your job search? Before you get started, make sure you:
Once you've taken these steps, you are ready to start your job search! Here are some of the most common ways to look for a job:
- Handshake – Browse job postings, upload your resume to your profile, and submit applications, all within this career development platform.
- Internship and career fairs – Attend multiple fairs on campus each year to network with company recruiters and hand out copies of your resume.
- Networking – Approximately 80% of jobs are obtained through networking. Learn how to network online or in-person using your networking pitch.
- Online job search – Search online job sites and company websites. Submit your resume online and post on job boards.
- Meet employers here on campus – Sign up to interview with employers while they are recruiting at UC Davis, and attend information sessions hosted by companies visiting campus.