The Community Service Resource Center (CSRC) has a mission to connect campus members with the community at large and help promote commitment and dedication to service. It is our overall goal to widen an ethic of service throughout Davis. We advocate service-based learning with the knowledge that making service a part of one's life builds leadership, responsibility, and a better understanding of the needs of communities locally and abroad. This ethos remains true during the difficult times we face because of COVID-19. The CSRC is working to make it even easier for students, staff and faculty to connect with community organizations in need.
Aggies are truly making a difference and the commitment to community service only continues to grow.
If you are with a non-profit or community group seeking volunteers post your opportunity here.
Finding an Opportunity
If you want to volunteer but you don't know where to start? We're here to help! See below.
- Subscribe to our weekly listserv for current one-time and ongoing volunteer opportunities as well as updates and events.
- Not subscribed? Click here for our most recent opportunities.
- Check out our database of service opportunities on our website.
- Take a look at our Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn pages for other opportunities/updates.
- Choose a volunteer opportunity that strikes your interest.
- Contact the event/program coordinator for that particular volunteer opportunity and sign up to volunteer.
- Community Service Completion form: Print out this form to bring to your volunteer event to keep a record of your hours. Make sure to get the coordinator's signature.
- Go volunteer!
- Record your involvement hours on AggieLife.
- Feel awesome that you did something for someone in need.
- Encourage others to get involved by sharing your experience; maybe even post on our Facebook page.
- If you get stuck, give us a call, shoot us an email, or drop by during office hours.
We provide the resources to help you help others. Get started and get going!
The volunteer opportunities listed here are provided for informational purposes only. UC Davis recommends every volunteer applicant complete his/her own research about the placement opportunity to make sure it fits the applicants needs and goals. UC Davis does not verify the accuracy of the information.