Here are some final preparation tips for submitting your resume or CV:
- Review the job or position description one more time to make sure that your resume/CV addresses the desired qualifications, key words and transferable skills.
- Job descriptions typically go offline after the closing date. Make sure you save the description for interview preparation and future reference.
- Proofread your materials and have others help proofread too. The ICC can help review your application materials.
- Before you upload your resume/CV to a website or send it via email, make sure to use an appropriate filename. We suggest using a combination of your last name, company or position title and date (e.g. “Anh-Nguyen-Dream-Job-International-resume-date.pdf”).
- To make sure the formatting of your document is preserved, send or attach as a PDF when possible.
- Follow all application directions carefully and include all supplemental information (e.g. cover letter, references, writing samples, etc.).
Should You Include a Cover Letter?
When applying to a position, unless specifically requested not to do so, you should always include a cover letter. If only one document can be uploaded for an online application, you can combine your cover letter with your CV or resume into one PDF and submit them together in one document separated by page breaks. Learn more about what content to include by visiting the cover letter section.