Information (networking) sessions help increase your company visibility while informing students about company culture and career opportunities. Information sessions are requested in Handshake and are generally held between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. in an on-campus location. Sessions typically occur around the time of career fairs, on-campus interviews or before a Handshake position deadline.
Use the following guideline questions to write a clean and simple information session description to attract talented students
- What does your company do (services/products/industry)?
- Which majors and/or academic disciplines are you trying to target?
- Which student levels are you trying to target? Undergraduate? Graduate? Alumni?
- Are you currently recruiting for internships, entry level, or both?
- Are there any instructions you would like to include in the info session marketing?
- Are you planning on providing any food/refreshments?
- Do you currently have positions posted in Handshake? If yes, what are the job ID's?
- Once you have these answers, please update your information session description on Handshake.
Sample information session description
Amazing Company LLC is a global leader in improving the lives of communities suffering from natural disaster. Our service includes relief aid in basic needs such as: water, food, and shelter through fundraising, grant writing, and rebuilding communities. Meet with representatives, including UC Davis alums from our organization. Learn about how to get started with our organization, company culture, open positions, and application process along with interviewing tips. Current students who are sophomores, juniors, seniors, and recent alums with majors in communication, English, psychology, and sociology along with other related majors are highly encouraged to attend. We will be discussing about our 16 week internship program and entry level positions. Bring a copy of your resume and any questions you may have. Snacks and light refreshments will be provided. Internship and entry level positions are posted on Handshake: #123456 and #789101. We look forward to meeting you!
Once you have received approval and room confirmation, your information session will be promoted by the ICC through on-campus calendars, newsletters, and marketed to students.
Reserving a room is $150.00 (any changes after submission are subject to a $20.00 change/cancellation fee). Request an information session on Handshake. If you need additional information, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-752-0686.