Internships at UC Davis are supervised work-learn experiences in a professional environment outside the classroom to help a student's academic and career goals.
- An internship requires a minimum 10-week quarter commitment and can span multiple quarters
- Internships are guided, supervised and evaluated by professionals
- To qualify for transcript notation, internships require a minimum of 40 hours per quarter
- Internships ideally are paid; however, if the internship is unpaid, duties may not replace those of paid employees
- Students are encouraged to complete the transcript notation process through Handshake to document that their experience has been reviewed and approved by the ICC
- Students may also choose to pursue academic credit. Academic credit requires a faculty sponsor. The ICC can assist getting students started with this process
- Students at all class levels are eligible to participate in internships, depending upon the requirements of the organization