UC Davis students have the opportunity to document approved internship/co-op experiences on their official transcript through transcript notation (TN). In order to qualify, an internship must:
- Be 40 hours over a ten week quarter (at a minimum)
- Be supervised and evaluated by professionals and not fellow students
- Involve significant activities, assignments and/or projects
How to Provide TN
Transcript notation is completed through Aggie Job Link (AJL). To provide TN you must:
- Login to AJL during the first two weeks of the internship. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one.
- Select the "Transcript Notation" tab from the top menu. If your student intern has initiated TN, his or her name will appear on your list. If the student's name is not present, confirm with him or her that they have initiated the TN process since this is the student's responsibility. Note, the organization name the student enters must exactly match the organization name on your AJL account.
- Review the proposal with your intern.
- Near the conclusion of the academic quarter, review the accuracy of the electronic timesheet and fill out the intern evaluation form by selecting "Evaluate Student."
After all of these steps have been completed, each record is reviewed by the Internship and Career Center to verify that all qualifications have been met. Thank you for helping a UC Davis student's work get recognized!