UC Davis students have the opportunity to document approved internship/co-op experiences on their official transcript through transcript notation (TN). In order to qualify, an internship must:
- Be 40 hours over a ten week quarter (at a minimum)
- Be supervised and evaluated by professionals and not fellow students
- Involve significant activities, assignments and/or projects
How to Provide TN
Transcript notation is completed through Handshake.
- With the student intern, discuss the expectations for the internship.
- Your student intern will Request an Experience in Handshake within the first two weeks of the internship. When requesting an experience they will be prompted to input their supervisor name and email address as well as the expectations of the internship.
- You will then receive an email from Handshake requesting you to complete an online evaluation of your intern's performance. The evaluation should be done near the conclusion of the quarter.
- Near the conclusion of the academic quarter, your intern will upload into Handshake their timesheet for you to review for accuracy.
- Complete the online evaluation that was emailed to you from Handshake earlier in the quarter.
After all of these steps have been completed, each record is reviewed by the Internship and Career Center to verify that all qualifications have been met. Thank you for assisting with professional career development and in helping a UC Davis student's work get recognized!