Take the following steps to make sure you are prepared for the virtual fairs on Handshake:
- Know which employers are participating and sign up for sessions early
Research companies and organizations participating in each fair in Handshake and decide which sessions you are most interested in. Different employers attend different fairs, so make sure to check out all of the fairs ahead of time! Also, check back frequently as employers may add sessions up to the fair date.
- Have a well-crafted resume and Handshake profile
Review and revise your resume and Handshake profile. A good resume should demonstrate your overall fit for a position, but often takes several revisions. Employers can review your Handshake profile before the fair. Make sure it's up-to-date so they can get to know you. Under "Manage Documents" in Handshake, select the option to make your resume visible on your profile.
- Know how to make an impression
- Rehearse your introduction and be able to say why you would be a good candidate for your target companies.
- Set up your equipment and space.
- Dress for success to make a lasting impression.
- Attend one of our workshops:
- Prepare for the Fair on Handshake - Thursday, April 15, 12:10-1:00 p.m., Monday, April 19 23, 1:10-2:00 p.m., Tuesday, April 20, 12:10-1:00 p.m., Wednesday, May 5, 1:10-2:00 p.m., Thursday, May 6, 12:10-1:00 p.m.
- RSVP for these workshops on Handshake.
The fairs are for UC Davis students, alumni and postdocs only.