Intro related to naming conventions
Private, Local Employers
Use the links above to create an account in Handshake. For your employer name please use your organization or first and last name (ex. John Miller).
UC Davis Departments
A majority of UC Davis departments are a part of a service channel that posts jobs for their department. Please do not request an account in Handshake if your student positions are posted by your service channel. Here are examples of the service channels:
- Shared Service Organization (SSO)
- Academic Unit Shared Service Center (AUSS-C)
- Distributed Service Channel (DiSSC)
- Health Service Channel (HSC)
If your department does not use one of these services channels for posting positions, here are guidelines about naming conventions:
When creating a UC Davis employer account please use the following naming convention:
- UC Davis and department name (ex. UC Davis History Department, UC Davis College of Engineering (COE))
The position the student is applying for and desired classification (STDT 2, 3 or 4) for example:
- Student Receptionist (STDT 2)
- Peer Advisor (STDT 3)
- Biomedical Engineering Lab Assistant (STDT 4).
If you are part of a service channel it is strongly encouraged that you put the department name in the job description. This will be one of the primary places students will see your department name.