Your sophomore year is a time to expand your career horizons and begin pursuing experiential education opportunities, such as internships. In order to obtain most internships, you will need to apply with a resume and cover letter, and be familiar with job search strategies.
Listed below are a few recommended strategies for expanding your career options:
- Pursue internship opportunities.
- Talk with ICC Staff about narrowing career interests.
- Develop a resume and attend a resume writing workshop for further guidance.
- Attend ICC workshops, company information sessions and career fairs.
- Learn about conducting an informational interview or job shadowing experience.
- Find out about how undergraduate research can be applied to any major.
- Meet with an academic advisor.
- Declare major and layout courses for each remaining quarter at UC Davis.
- Explore the UC Davis Washington Program, the UC Center Sacramento and UC Davis Study Abroad.
- Strengthen your involvement on campus through student organizations.
- Find a summer experience that will help you explore your interest and begin to gain transferable skills.