Skip to main content
Campus Resources and Policies
- Student Employee Policies
This exhibit pertains to the appointment of student employees. A "student employee" is defined as a UC student employed in an STDT AST 2, 3, 4 or by Agreement title, or a student from outside UC in the working title Special Student Assistant.
- Assistant Series Classification Plan (pdf)
Assistant Series positions are designated as casual/restricted and are reserved for registered students and students on PELP (Planned Educational Leave Program).
- Job Classification Guidelines (pdf)
Describes the fundamental policies which UC Davis employers need tounderstand in using classification standards to determine the series, titles, and pay rate.
- Student Employee Pay Plans
Pay rates for the Student Assistant Series and the Special Student Assistants (non UC hires). The pay rate within the Assistant IV range is determined individually for each position by the department and reviewed by the Student Employment in conjunction with Human Resources, based on the complexity of specific assignments. Longevity and special recognition increases apply to all titles in the series. Differentials apply to Assistants II and III only.
- Guidance for Employers hiring DACA students On June 15, 2012, the Secretary of Homeland Security announced that certain people who came to the United States as children and meet several key guidelines may request consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (deferred action) and are eligible to apply for work authorization. Individuals whose cases are deferred and who are granted work authorization will be issued an Employment Authorization Document (EAD).
- Background Check Program
The background check policy applies to employees in positions that are designed as critical. These can include career, limited appointment, contract, and casual-restricted (student assistant) employees. The program applies to all represented and non-represented staff in the Senior Managers (SMG), Managers and Senior Professionals (MSP) and Professional and Support Staff (PSS) programs.
- Employment of Near Relatives (pdf)
This section presents UC and UC Davis policy on the employment of near relatives.
- Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act Statement
The UC Office of Ethics, Compliance & Audit Services distributed the University policy to facilitate compliance with the California Child Abuse and Neglect Act (CANRA). CANRA requires employers to identify “Mandated Reporters” and secure, as a condition of employment, acknowledgment of their status and reporting obligations. Visit HR to learn more and download the UC Davis CANRA form.
- UC Davis Smoke and Tobacco Free Policy (PPM 290-10)
To bring us into future compliance with the new smoke and tobacco free environment at UC Davis, effective immediately please add the following statement to all position descriptions being submitted for recruitment, reclass actions, and updates in Handshake:
UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.