If you're looking for a teaching related internship, you can find special opportunities through Handshake that are updated at the beginning of the school year with listings from preschool, elementary, secondary and related educational organizations:
Step 1: Log in to Handshake and navigate to the "Jobs" tab.
Step 2: In the search bar, type ICCTeachIntern to see a list of current postings (postings may be added throughout the year, so check back.) To apply for a teaching assistant internship, follow the instructions indicated on the posting.
NOTE: Students who volunteer at Davis High School must secure a badge to wear while at the school and sign in and out at the office each time they volunteer.
- Davis School locations
- For driving directions to schools in Woodland, Dixon, Sacramento, etc. use Google Maps
- Check Bell Schedules – Google the school name and "bell schedule" to see when classes are in session, to make sure it aligns with your availability.
- Units/Transcript Notation (TN) -
- Students may receive units for their teaching assistant internship from Education 100 or the University Writing Program - Writing Ambassador's Program. For units, students are expected to work for a total of 30 hours or about 3 hours per week.
- In place of units, a student may want to receive Transcript Notation (TN) from the Internship and Career Center. For TN, you must work at least 4 hours per week and complete an experience in Handshake. For students seeking admittance to a teaching credentialing program, it is important to document your teaching internships and hours supervised by a credentialed teacher.