Join the ICC
The ICC is hiring students for the 2018-19 academic year to represent a diversity of majors, interests and career paths. You may apply for more than one position, but read the the position descriptions to make sure you are qualified. All application deadlines are Sunday, January 28, at 11:59 p.m. Positions include:
Peer advisors provide one-on-one advising to students on a wide-range of basic career-related topics such as resume writing and starting a job search. Some administrative work is also required. Positions available in the following areas:
- Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Interest in helping others and knowledge of animal science, environmental and/or agricultural sciences. Involvement with CAES related clubs such as Aggie Ambassadors, MANNRS, Food Tech Club, Arboretum Ambassadors, VENO, Biotech, SOT, Vet Aide Club and other pre-professional clubs are also desired.
- Animal Sciences
- Interest in helping others and knowledge of animal science, environmental and/or agricultural sciences. Internship and/or related club/organization experience strongly preferred. Ideally a member of the Vet Aide Club or a similar club.
- The Business Peer Advisor will be providing information to students specifically focused on Business-related internships and careers. Students from managerial economics, economics, and accounting areas and/or involvement in business related clubs/pre-professional business organizations are strongly preferred.
- Community Service
- Become part of the student-managed Community Service Resource Center, a unit within the ICC, that connects Aggies with Community Service opportunities. Individual advising, program coordination, database management. Position to begin in September 2018
- Engineering and Physical Sciences
- Advise students interested in careers and internships in engineering and physical sciences.
- Health and Biological Sciences
- Peer advisors in this position provide assistance to students seeking direction for career exploration in areas related to biological sciences, biotechnology, or healthcare including medicine, nursing, pharmacy, dentistry, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, public health, and nutrition. Previous clinical internship experience using the HRI online signup system REQUIRED.
- Liberal Arts and Business
- Peer advisors in this position provide assistance to students seeking direction for career exploration in areas related to social sciences and humanities.
- Student Employment
- Provides assistance to students seeking off and on-campus part-time employment.
- Assists fellow US Military veterans on various aspects of career development and acts as a liaison between the ICC and the campus veteran population. Must be a veteran of the US military to apply.
Student Support Staff
Student support staff perform many different critical tasks to ensure that the ICC runs smoothly. Support staff do little to no one-on-one advising.
- Career Recruiting Program Intern
- Provide general administrative assistance to students seeking help on-campus interviews and employers recruiting on campus.
- IT/Help Desk Student Assistant
- Work with ICC's IT Specialist to help our staff effectively use technology. Update databases and websites, troubleshoot and problem solve, assist with technology needs at ICC events, perform minor repairs and maintenance on technology for staff. Job to begin on rolling basis as meets mutual needs.
- Student Outreach Assistant
- Meet with students in varied campus settings to explain, promote, and encourage use of the ICC's career advising services. Tabling, workshop presentations, public advising, marketing and other forms of creative outreach efforts in a small team. New positions to begin in Summer/Fall 2018.
- Student Receptionist
- First point of contact at the ICC. Responsible for creating a welcoming and professional atmosphere. Will provide reception coverage and clerical support as needed. Will answer basic advising questions in the absence of staff and peer advisors within the parameters of the position. New positions will begin in Summer/Fall 2018.
To view all positions in Aggie Job Link, enter 'iccstudentjobs2018' in the keyword field.