Junior Year: Try Out Your Options
Your junior year is the time to test out your options, and to start clarifying your career goals and your plans for after graduation. Try to find internships and summer jobs that are aligned with your career goals to continue building your resume. If you are still unsure about your goals, consider meeting with an ICC adviser.
Some strategies for testing your options are outlined below.
- Complete an internship.
- Meet with ICC staff about your career goals and plans.
- Update your resume quarterly.
- Conduct informational interviews.
- Create a LinkedIn account to expand your professional network.
- Invest in appropriate business attire for interviewing.
- Search for a summer job/internship that aligns with your educational and career goals.
- Supplement major courses with practical skills courses (writing, public speaking, statistics, accounting, computer skills, etc.).
- Consider applying to the UC Davis Washington Program, UC Center Sacramento or UC Davis Study Abroad.
- Research graduate or professional schools, and request letters of recommendation, if appropriate.
- Explore and consider research opportunities.
- Develop a relationship with an academic mentor adviser or faculty member.