- Art Director
- Graphic Designer
- Arts Educator
- Industrial Designer
- Multimedia Artists and Animators
- Museum Curator
Media, Arts and Entertainment
The media, arts and entertainment sector is often project-based and requires successful interaction with individuals across industries to facilitate advancement of ideas and creative products. Arts occupations involve varying aspects of imagination, artistic representation, and technical skills. You can build the skills needed to pursue a career in a creative field through hands-on experience beyond the classroom. It is best to find a career that will fit your own unique interests, skills, and values.
Some possible job titles include:
Areas of Interest
If you have an interest in media, arts and entertainment, you might also be interested in exploring careers in: business and management, communications, education and teaching, government, international and nonprofit.
To find out where fellow Aggies interned and found employment by major, use the ICC data pages.
Student organizations are a great place to connect with others exploring similar career interests. Use the keyword search in the Center for Student Involvement’s OrgSync database to find student organizations that relate to your interests.
Master’s and Ph.D. students, and postdoctoral scholars can participate in and take on leadership roles in campus organizations such as the Graduate Student Association, Chancellor’s Graduate and Professional Student Advisory Board and the Postdoctoral Scholar’s Association.
Joining professional associations related to the industry you are interested in provides access to professionals in the field, and networking opportunities which can lead to potential jobs and internships. Many national associations have state and local chapters you can join. Involvement in associations can also provide you insider updates on industry trends and best practices. One of the best ways to identify relevant associations is to search for them online, but we have provided some resources below to get you started. Please note that this is not an exhaustive list.
- Actor’s Equity Association
- Alliance for Community Media
- Alliance for Women in Media
- American Federation of Musicians
- American Institute of Graphic Arts
- California Arts Council
- California Association of Museums
- California Fashion Association
- California Music Educators Association
- Capitol Film Arts Alliance
- College Art Association
- Davis Arts Alliance
- Graphic Artists Guild
- International Interior Design Association
- League of American Orchestras
- Northern California Arts Inc.
- Northern California Filmmakers Coalition
- Sacramento Area Dance Alliance
- Sacramento Metropolitan Arts Commission
- Sacramento Video Industry Professionals
- The Fashion Group International
Visit the ICC
If you need further guidance narrowing down your career interests, you can schedule an advising appointment.