Career Assessment Series, Part I & II
Open to UC Davis Master's and Ph.D. students, and Postdoctoral scholars.
The Career Assessment Series (Parts I and II) is designed for UC Davis graduate students and postdoctoral scholars interested in pursuing either an academia or non-academic position (or both) and want to learn about their personality type, occupational interests, skills and values.
In this two-part workshop series, you will complete four assessments. Two assessments are completed online in advance. Instructions for purchasing course materials will be provided once you have registered.
A flat fee of $30.00 is charged for materials, whether taking one or both parts in the series. Master's and Ph.D. students will see this billed to their student account by the UC Davis Bookstore. Postdocs please contact email@example.com to pay via credit card or check.
All four assessments can help you define your career goals and be used when exploring your options. Having clarity about your transfereable skills can also help with resume and CV development, during an interview.
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), an online assessment that helps make the theory of personality type understandable and useful in people's lives. This online assessment must be completed at least ONE full week before the workshop date in order to guarentee receipt of your printed report, which is provided at the workshop.
- Strong Interest Inventory, an online assessment that helps individuals discover their interests, preferences and personal working styles, leading to more clarity about career choices and finding a career you can be passionate about. This online assessment must be completed at least ONE full week before the workshop date in order to guarantee receipt of your printed report, which is provided at the workshop.
- SkillScan, a hands-on assessment completed during the workshop, which provides individuals with a fast and interactive process for identifying transferable skills and applying the results to career planning, career change, professional development and self-marketing for the job search.
- Values Assessment, completed during the workshop and includes facilitated activities that give you a better understanding of the deeply held values that influence your thinking when making career choices.
Workshop Schedule and Registration
Registration for these workshops is required. Note, registration closes one week before the workshop date. Information about workshop location and how to complete the online assessments will be provided upon registration.
Part I: Strong Interest Inventory (completed online) & Skillscan
- Wednesday, January 6, 2016, 2:10pm to 4:00pm
- Thursday, May 5, 2016, 4:10pm to 6:00pm
Part II: MBTI (completed online) & Values
- Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 2:10pm to 4:00pm
- Thursday, May 12, 2016, 4:10pm to 6:00pm
If you have any questions about this series, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.