Master's and Ph.D. Students, and Postdoctoral Scholars
The Internship and Career Center, located in South Hall, provides comprehensive career services for UC Davis Master's and Ph.D. students, and Postdoctoral scholars (MPP).
Career advisors can assist you with all aspects of your career search either within or beyond academia, or both. Our career services include confidential one-to-one advising with individualized review of curriculum vitae (CV), resumes, and cover letters; workshops and panel discussions; recruiting and networking events; and employer information sessions, all specifically designed for advanced degree holders.
If you are exploring an academic career in research or teaching, looking for a non-academic career in industry, government or the non-profit sector, or considering both paths, we have resources that can help:
- Academic career resources
- Non-academic career resources
- Past workshops and events - with audio recordings, presentation materials and handouts for workshops and panel discussions that you may have missed.
- Sample advanced degree resumes and CVs
- Where are They Now? – learn from Ph.D. alumni working both within and outside academia
- Career Connections Symposium - a day-long event with panels and workshops focused on careers both within and outside academia. Past events are recorded and can be found in our workshop archives.
- Career Assessment Series I & II - this two-part workshop series includes four career assessments (two completed online in advance) and is offered twice per quarter starting winter quarter.
The Internship and Career Center partners with the UC Davis School of Education to offer Job Search Assistance for Teachers (JSAT) with career services for the teacher credential and master's degree students. An annual Teacher Job Fair is held in the spring with district representatives who are hiring UC Davis talent. Seminars, mock interviews, one-to-one resume and cover letter review, and interview preparation are all offered in winter and spring quarters.