Volunteers helped care for and plant trees in Davis.
Volunteers helped paint two non-profit headquarter offices.
Volunteers weeded planter beds, planted seedlings, propagated seeds, fertilized and mulched.
Volunteers helped food bank clients choose and bag their groceries.
Options to Gain Career Experiences
There are multiple options when looking for work-related experience:
The Community Service Resource Center (CSRC), a program within the UC Davis Internship and Career Center, has a mission to connect campus members with the community at large. The CSRC is a resource for the UC Davis community that helps promote commitment and dedication to service. It is our overall goal to widen an ethic of service throughout Davis. We advocate service-based learning with the knowledge that making service a part of one’s life builds leadership, responsibility, and a better understanding of the needs of communities locally and abroad.
Through one-time opportunities and long-term commitments to international and local non-profits, Aggies are truly making a difference and we hope this commitment to community service continues to grow.
Finding an Opportunity
So you want to volunteer but you don't know where to start?
We're here to help!
- Subscribe to our weekly listserv for current one-time and ongoing volunteer opportunities as well as updates and events.
- Check out our database of service opportunities on our website.
- Take a look at our Facebook page for other opportunities/updates.
- Choose a volunteer opportunity that strikes your interest.
- Contact the event/program coordinator for that particular volunteer opportunity and sign up to volunteer.
- Go volunteer!
- Feel awesome that you did something for someone in need.
- Encourage others to get involved by sharing your experience; maybe event post on our Facebook page.
- If you get stuck, give us a call, shoot us an email, or drop by during office hours.
We provide the resources to help you help others. Get started and get going!